Holiday Club 2009-79Although Seaford is not mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, its rise to importance as a sea port on what was then the estuary of the River Ouse probably began about that time – and with it the building of St Leonard’s Church, thought to date from around 1090. On rising ground not far from the quayside, this first church was of simple cruciform plan, probably with a central tower.

Download a more detailed history below.

Find out more about the present work of the Parish in which St. Leonard’s belongs.

Download Attachments